Wednesday, February 15, 2012

100th Day of Kindergarten

Today was the 100th day of kindergarten.  O finished her 100th day project last night.  

I woke her up 100 minutes before school started.  She opened her eyes and said, "Mommy, I have the 100th day worries.  I'm not sure what to expect."  I said, "It's OK to feel that way.  When I taught school the 100th day was always my favorite day of kindergarten.  It's a celebration.  It's as though the number 100 is celebrating a birthday."  She decided that would be all right.

She had 100 Golden Grahams for breakfast.  At the bus stop her friend Dee-Dee said, "Today would be a great day to lose a tooth because the tooth fairy would bring you 100 dollars."  Mmmm...would it be silly to yank my teeth out for those Jimmy Choo shoes I've been eyeing?  Probably.

When the bus came, O and I said our goodbyes and I wished her a happy 100th day.  She smiled and appeared excited to see what the day had in store for her.  

At 1:35 pm I walked to the bus stop excited to hear all about O's 100th day of Kindergarten.  She ran off the bus.  As soon as she saw me she began to cry.  She seemed really warm.  Once we got home I took her temperature in her ear.  Of course, it was 100 degrees and she complained that her ear hurt.  After a visit to the doctor's office, it was confirmed O has an ear infection.  Due to her 100 degree fever, she can't go to school tomorrow.  Kindergarten SUCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment