Thursday, May 10, 2012

Project Runway

A half hour before soccer practice today O came downstairs expressing her "immediate need" for soccer shorts.  I sent her back upstairs to put on her practice gear and explained that we didn't have time to go buy soccer shorts, but that maybe we could go this weekend.  

Five minutes later she came downstairs again with her tennis skort (a skirt with shorts underneath) and said, "Mommy, I have a great idea.  We can cut this skirt off and then we will have soccer shorts."  

At first I resisted, but then I imagined time flashing forward twenty years to an image of O on a show like Project Runway.  Who am I to squash her dreams?  

Tonight at soccer her friend, Mona, complimented her shorts.  O confidently replied, "Thank you.  My mom let me cut off the my tennis skirt and these were underneath. I'm going to do this to all my skorts!"  Kindergarten SUCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment