Monday, June 18, 2012

How Can I Keep From Singing!


For the first time in twenty one years, I sang a solo in the song "How Can I Keep From Singing" .  I'm so happy that I can check 'singing a solo' off my bucket list.  

My choir, the Levine Community Choir, held performances last Thursday and Saturday.  It was so much fun.  Friends and family came to support me, including O, who had a choice between my concert and her end of the year soccer party.  She and her friend Beatrice sat in the front row dressed in their Sunday best mouthing the words to the songs they knew, and even those they didn't.

While driving home, the girls informed us that if we heard some crunching coming from the backseat it was because during intermission they poured a tray of cookies and strawberries into Beatrice's purse.  I made the comment that O doesn't even like strawberries.  Beatrice responded, "Well she does now."  O backed her up.  Due to their sugar high, they giggled the whole way home taking pride in the fact that "nobody" noticed.  

A few days later after smelling a foul odor coming from the backseat, I found four moldy strawberries and thousands of cookie crumbs in my car.  I sang all the way to the car wash...Kindergarten SUCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment