Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Credit Card and Traffic Accident's

O didn't have school yesterday due to election day, so we had a "girls lunch" and then did a little shopping at the galleria.   After all who, other than my husband, wants us to miss the Nordstrom's Anniversary SALE!

O and I had lots of fun.  These days she is always noticing environmental print and today she sounded out the big red signs in Nordstrom's that said SALE.  That's my girl!  Last March when she was playing dress up with her grandmother who is not a fan of shopping, she said, "Grandma, after this we can go to the mall and shop at the President's Day Sale!"  I take full responsibility for that comment!

On our way home while sitting in serious traffic on I66 in the middle of the afternoon, O dropped her stuffed animal on the floor and asked if she could get out of her seatbelt and grab it.  I hesitated for a second thinking that maybe I could let her out for just a second - "be the cool mom."  Then instinct kicked in and I quickly replied, "No O, you will have to wait.  We are in traffic and it's just too dangerous."

Traffic was inching along.  I was focusing on keeping O's mind off the wait and trying to make the trip a fun one.  Soon traffic had eased and cars were starting to move a little faster than 5 mph.  What seemed like out of the blue, our car was struck from behind.    Later it appeared that he must have been changing lanes as his passenger side fender connected with my driver's side bumper.  I immediately checked to see if O was ok and she confirmed she was.  I pulled to the side of the road and the driver followed me.  He was a nice guy and immediately asked if I was ok, if O was ok.  He accepted all fault and apologized.  We exchanged information by photographing our papers and O and I headed home.

I called my husband.  I said, "Honey, no need to worry.  We are all right.  It was an accident...the car and the credit card."

I know what you are wondering, how will I ever connect this experience to kindergarten.  Well, if O would've had school today, she would've never been in the car and even though there is a VERY strong possibility that I could've been coming back from the Nordstrom's Anniversary SALE, I would not have been on the road at that time, and instead, standing at the bus stop waiting for O to run off the bus and into my arms.  And that right there is my reasoning of why kindergarten SUCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment