Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Fascinations of a Kindergartener


Yesterday, on the way home from school, O said matter of factly, "Mommy, I know how to make snot.  You cough and get buggers from your tongue and put it in there with your spit, and it makes snot.  Really, mommy, buggers and water make snot".  YUCK!  The image alone is enough to make me want to vommit.  

Later, while making dinner, O shared with me that her classmate taught her how to burp.  "It's so easy, mommy.  You just suck in lots of air over and over and you will burp.  Like this.” Should I tell her if she does that over and over her stomach will hurt?

While stretching together this morning O farted.  "Mommy, why can't we make farts?"  Before I could answer, my husband informed her we could and then showed her how to do it by putting one hand in the opposite armpit and pressing down.  Much like the way the Three Stooges do it.  

Seriously, what is it about five year old's and their fascination with snot, burps and farts?  First time she drinks too much and wakes up issuing them uncontrollably, perhaps it won’t be so funny!  Kindergarten SUCKS!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment