Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Church-Go-er's

We got to church a few minutes late on Sunday.  The church was very crowded.  The usher made some people move over so that we could have a seat at the end of the pew. When it came time for Communion, O asked if we were going to go up.  

I whispered, "Not today."  She usually goes up to receive a blessing with daddy when he goes up for Communion, but since daddy was away on a business trip she asked me why I didn’t want to go.  I replied whispering, "Because I'm not Catholic."  In a very loud tone she asked, "Mommy, what is Catholic?"  

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as everyone turned to look at us.  I leaned over and I whispered, "I will tell you later."  She answered, "No, I want to know now.  What's  Catholic?"  

I sat down in the pew to come down to her eye level.  I felt like I had a big L on my head.  Not for LOSER, but for Lutheran (or as some say Catholic LIGHT).  I then said, "A Catholic is someone who practices a particular faith in God.  And daddy was raised as a Catholic.  I will tell you more later.  I pinky promise."  I held out my pinky and she hooked hers and she nodded.  

Kindergarten SUCKS!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment