Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Santa's Magic--EBAY!

Do you believe?  

It's an interesting question and one that has O a bit perplexed this holiday season.  Especially because everywhere we turn there is Santa Claus.  He can be at the mall in three different stores. He can be in a commercial and in a parade all at the same time.  Might as well know that Santa is a multi-tasker; drinking wine and ordering online.  Truly magical that Santa Claus!  

And that magic is why O has now chosen to ask Santa for an American Girl Doll that American Girl no longer sells.  So not only has my child asked him for a doll that regularly costs around $125, but she has also asked him to scour the attics of friends and teenagers who’ve possibly moved on from that stage of their lives.  That didn't get me too far.  I only know a few friends with teens and none of them are willing to part with this particular doll as she's worth so much or means so much in terms of memories!  Not only that, but my girlfriend's keep asking why she’d want Santa to leave a USED doll under the tree!  

So I turned to EBAY.  However, after realizing that I was going to pay twice the amount, I tried to reason with O.  I said, "You know it's still going to be difficult for Santa to get Elizabeth.  He's magical, but he may end up bringing you an Elizabeth doll that is not an American Girl."  In between the many conversations like this, I kept looking on EBAY for this doll and after losing four different times, I bought one at the end of November for $175.  Seriously!

On Saturday we went to see Santa with our friends.  O wrote him a letter.  Here is what it said:

DR S.C.
WHAT i WANt FOR CRisMus is A AMRiCAN giRl MOlly.

"WAIT!"  I said, "You want Molly?"  She looked up at me with the biggest, bluest eyes of true certainty and said, "Yes.  I want Molly."  After a lot of coaxing, she finally changed it to say:

DR S.C.
WHAT i WANt FOR CRisMus is A AMRiCAN giRl MOllY oR ElisBEt A BRee (Barbie) Hous AND A BRee cAR
LOUVE,
O

I asked her if she should write her full name and she said that she didn't need to as he will know.  After all, he's magical!  

She's getting Elizabeth.  She can stay perplexed, but I sure hope she won't be disappointed!  Kindergarten SUCKS!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment