Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Lunch and License

Today I had lunch with O at school.  Occasionally, I take advantage of the opportunity to do this.  Sometimes I surprise her and sometimes we plan it.  It's always great fun.  I find it all so interesting.  There are two lunch tables and recently the girls have started to sit across from each other so they can chat and the boys sit at the other table side by side next to each other watching the girls.  It's like junior high school, but it's Kindergarten!    

It's always an interesting conversation.  This time it was about who celebrated Hanukkah and who celebrated Christmas.  One little girl told me that even though they light eight candles in her house, they “just” celebrate Christmas.   Another little girl said she celebrates both.  Another little girl told her she couldn't “celebrate both.”  “Can to” was the retort.  It all reminded me of the silly fights my brother and I used to have.  It always ended with "UH-HUH" or "NUH-UH".  They’d never end and neither of us did well in debate class!

As lunch was ending, one of O's girlfriends came over to say hi to me.  I asked her how she was and how her sister had been.  She said, "My sister is good, but she is not at school today.  She has license."  I replied, "She has a license to do what?"  "No" she said, "She has license.  You know, that stuff you get in your hair?"  


Oh sure.  I didn't know that was plural for lice.  Why is my scalp itching all of a sudden?  

I say, "License happens."  


KINDERGARTEN SUCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment