Wednesday, December 7, 2011

OCCUPY KINDERGARTEN


Children express themselves the best.  Especially children five and under.  They don't think twice about what effect it may have on the world or anyone else for that matter.  What they need, they need now and they will go to great lengths to get it or to not have to do it.  

They will throw tantrums, crayons and china if it gets them the result they are looking for.  Stomping feet, breaking crayons, punching walls and even purposely peeing in places.  As a teacher, I thought I had seen it all.  As a parent, I definitely have seen it all.  It's truly fascinating.  There are no limitations to how far they will go to prove their point and get their way.  
 
It reminds me of the OCCUPY protesters.  The other day we were driving over the Key Bridge and there were protesters causing traffic jams.  O asked me what they were doing.  I said, "They are unhappy and want things to change in America, but really can't say why they are mad or what they want to change.  They stomp their feet, break things, punch and even pee in places they shouldn't. "
 O asked, "Why?"  
 
I replied, "That's a great question O.  What do you think?"  
O said, "I think they just don't know better."  
OCCUPY KINDERGARTEN?  Nah, Kindergarten SUCKS!

1 comment: