Monday, October 24, 2011

"Rapunzel" Coaxes Her Friend to Use Scissors

At school today, O coaxed her girlfriend into cutting her hair with kid scissors.  Apparently, O's friend not only cut her own hair, she took it a step further and cut her own pants and shirt too.

I knew what I needed to do.  I called the child's mom, Ann.  That's not true, I downed a glass of wine and dialed her number.  Actually, I downed another glass of wine while I stared at the phone and thought about all the "what ifs".  Ann and I had met previously at a school function.  She seemed so down to earth and laid back.  However, I couldn't help remembering she is married to a lawyer.

As soon as she answered the phone, I offered a free haircut with our favorite hair stylist at Cartoon Cuts and all of O's hair bows, hair clips, pony tail holders, headbands and styling products, along with her Rapunzel wig from her Halloween costume.  She refused them all.  It appears she has been through this before with her older child who did the same thing in kindergarten.  As we hung up the phone giggling about the incident, I was grateful for her grace.  After all, she talked me off the cliff.  Kindergarten SUCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment