Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Thy Name is Mommy

Do you ever get the feeling that your sweet, innocent child has somehow turned into a self-depricating teenager?  Seriously, I feel like I had an out-of-body experience with my child yesterday (and no, it was not the wine).

O came home from school and said, "Mom, you know that boy on my bus..."  Wait, what did she say?  Did she say what I think she said?  Did she just say, "MOM"???  I'm not mom, I'm mommy.  She's five, not sixteen.  MOM???  Did eleven years just flash before my eyes?  MOM???  Thy name is mommy.  I'm okay with mama and even Tasha, but MOM?  That's the word that teenagers use, not kindergarteners.  Where's the parenting manual?  Where's the respect?  Ok, where's the wine?

Five seconds later, she was mad at me for asking about the "lunch word" of the day and she screamed, "I'M NOT TELLING AND YOU ARE A B......ABY!"  Thank goodness she didn't say bitch or I'd really think I had been swept away in a time warp.

Now I have to worry about boys and teenage BS?  And for that reason, Kindergarten SUCKS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment