Monday, September 26, 2011

Curbside Kisses

SHE DID IT!  YAY!  YIPEE!  I WANT TO JUMP FOR JOY!  I WANT TO SING OUT LOUD!  I WANT TO SCREAM AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS!  "GO LIL’ O!"    

It's not even the end of September and today, after saying our goodbyes at the curb, she boarded the bus all by herself.  WOW!  


We had talked it through with Mimi and Lina yesterday and there they were today sitting in the front row as requested by O.  As she boarded the bus, I heard them call her name.  The bus driver, Mr. Billy, and I smiled at each other and I stood on the curb and waved at her in the window.  She waved back with a big smile.  I gave her a thumbs up and the bus pulled away.  YES!  She did it!  

I walked in the door where my husband was waiting with a bottle of my favorite Pinot Noir.  I beamed with pride.  He corked it and we toasted her (actually with coffee).  "Here's to O and her curbside kisses.  Here's to all the many more challenges life will bring her way."  

Wait, more challenges?  I don't think I can take anymore, especially if they last a month-long like the bus adventure.  I have to restock the wine and medicine cabinets.  I need to reorganize and make the wine cabinet more spacious and the medicine cabinet big enough for the pills that help me breathe.  Or better yet, I will call our builder, Michael Sauri.  He can build a wine cellar in our basement.  I mean how will we ever be fully stocked for all the challenges she will face in this year let alone for the rest of her life?  "Kindergarten SUCKS!"

1 comment: