Tuesday, September 20, 2011

New Lingo

"Mommy, do you know what Mrs. M does if someone is talking while she's talking?  She says, "Oh, I have to wait, someone's talking while I'm talking."  Or, if someone talk's out without raising their handMrs. M says, "Oh Kate, I'm going to put you on pause, because someone else is talking while you are talking."  "Mommy, I think you need to do that too.  


Great idea, O'Malley!  I will inform my friends of my new lingo, so that when we are wrapped up in talking about religion, politics, sex and rock and roll, and everyone begins to interrupt each other, I will pause them.  


Or if they begin talking while I'm talking, I will ask them to wait and remind them not to talk while I'm talking.  Oh, I like that.  And MAYBE I can work this into my conversations with your dad, and your grandparents and all my in-laws.  Why, I think I could even teach some classes about this.  Congressional staffers, lobbyists and politicians would definitely benefit from this!  


I know what you are thinking, "Have some more wine, WINE-O!"  OK, so you are right.  I will have a glass of wine even though it is only 8:50 am.  Certainly it is noon somewhere.  Why, it's almost 3:00 pm in Paris!  Or perhaps I’ll just stick with the "super-girl" green lemonade drinks.  Wine for breakfast is never a good option even in wine country!

Mrs. M's words really make me think.  I wish I could spend more time in her class, learning her lessons.  She's really "magical", as O refers to her.  


But I can't, and therefore, Kindergarten SUCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment